August 11, 2024

Can't Get Enough Of You -- The King Princess Remix Collection: Volume 1 by ChicaSkas









        TLDR: I made something I desperately 

wanted to see in the world. You can download it here


Long Story / Blog Post / *Nerd out with me!* to WHY I made it:


I love remixes. 

They are an integral part of being a music fan for me, because they help feed me with more of my favorite artist while I wait out the gaps between the tours and the next albums and the next Big Thing the artist ends up doing. Back in 2008, when I first discovered Lady Gaga, I absolutely couldn't get enough of her music into my mind, and I downloaded every single song she ever released, and every single demo or unreleased track that hackers released for her. But even that wasn't enough, while I enjoyed them all over and over again, it was the remixes that absolutely fed my soul during the droughts. Got boring chores like mowing the lawn, raking leaves, doing laundry, or washing dishes? Add headphones and music and uptempo REMIXES of your favorite artists, and it will be done in no time! and you can disconnect your mind while you do so! Peak Pisces escapism in action!

It really was an amazing time to be a Lady Gaga fan. DJs all over the internet, nightclubs, and radio were taking Gaga's malleable voice, chopping it up, and editing it over different sounds that even further advanced the pop culture and excitement around her. They made their own sonic cushions for her acapellas, and further mashed her up with other pop queens or made entirely new creations with her music. As a Gaga fan, you were always fed, you just turned to the remixes to paint the inside of your consciousness with sound and light. Remixes & compilations popped on blogs, on facebook groups, and in web forums. I downloaded as many as I could. And blasted them into my ears daily. Note to anyone reading this: I did this too much, and I now have tinnitus, so do not blast it too loud directly into your ears, because then you, too, will never know true silence and will have bells ringing in your ears for the rest of your life. And need to sleep with a noise machine to stop the ringing. Do not be like me back then. Be smart. Protect your ears.

That being said:

It's not enough to hear the music, I need to MARINATE INSIDE IT FOR HOURS, PLEASE. This is achievable with REMIXES! (*at a safe volume, kids!)

Fast forward 16 years. In the Lady Gaga fandom, I'm now known as the Audio Queen. I have close to 38,000 different remixes, edits, mashups, covers, orchestrals, stems, acapellas, and instrumentals of Lady Gaga to date. In 2017, I gifted her an Ipod backstage with 600 of the absolute best of my collection for her ears, as a record of how her fans, young, old, professional, and bedroom -- interpreted her art and painted their visions of sound with her voice. I've even made several albums of my own over the years, The Necromancy Projects Vols 1 and 2, and Gagaween 2012 through Gagaween 2022. 

Late last year, I fell in love with another artist, who was every bit as talented and vocally adept as Lady Gaga --- miss King Princess. And so I had to do what I do best --- make a remix album for KP!

King Princess is one of the hardest artists to find remixes of currently. It's taken days of scouring the web to dig up the material to make this compilation album. Of the 30+ tracks I found, I listened to all of them very carefully, only picking about half of those that I considered to be the very best. While every remix is special, some are too generic and simple to make the kind of album I wanted. I don't want overlays of instruments, or hyper sped-up accas or extremely slowed-down male voice Prosody versions of KP --- (mild exception to that rule for track 13, I felt the deeper darker Back Of A Cab brought out a specific mood of melancholy that was even more profound than the album version.) I wanted quality, I wanted something you can play in the car while you drive, and groove to, something you can burn to CD and take to your DJ at your Sapphic Pop party and dance your ass off to, something that will spread KP's voice far and wide through the clubs the way Gaga's was, all those years ago. The way Billie, Charli, and Chappell are now. King Princess should have that, too. I need to be the change I want to see in the world! 

Only a precious few of King Princess' tracks have been remixed professionally, mostly due to the fact that they have a firm grip on how their music is interpreted and thusly do not seem to ever release the official accas, instrus or stems needed for the DJs to attempt to craft new worlds with their voice. (Yet. Key word has to be "yet". They don't release them, *yet*) (*prays*) (*raises hand in remix starved fan*) Currently, only Hit The Back, Pain, & Only Time Makes It Human have been officially remixed (to our knowledge, google is very spotty on this, and no stems or acapellas are available on DJ City or Beatport)

Despite that setback of no raw materials to cook sound with, a few gems of remixed KP exist on Soundcloud, Youtube, Mixcloud, and the depths of Russian DJ pools, of all things. I gathered every single one of them. Half are presented here. Please enjoy a thorough collection of the best chopped and screwed KP that the web has to offer of this royal pain in the butt! (to find in EDM flavor, that is. Wasn't talking about hitting the back button too hard :) )

Noticeably harder to find online than remixes of KP are decent covers of KP. You have to separate the wheat from the chaff! To my surprise, another queen of Sapphic pop royalty covered KP: Girl In Red has covered Talia in her own unique style and dreamlike echo, you can find that on this compilation as well.

Please enjoy this alternative way to feed on King Princess sound while we wait to be fed Girl Violence! (KP3, hopefully later this year)

You might say you could, hmmmm eat that girl for lunch, so to speak....! (remixically speaking, of course!)


KING PRINCESS: CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU 

THE REMIX COLLECTION VOLUME 1  (DOWNLOAD BY CLICKING HERE)

TRACKLIST:


1.  1950 (Boe Logik Remix) circa 1-2021

2.  Talia (Radkid Remix) 10-16-2019

3.  Upper West Side (Skylan Remix) 10-10-2018

4.  Holy (FRAQ Remix) 10-21-2021

5.  Cheap Queen (MNTRY Rework) 6-26-2019

6.  1950 (DJ Chaney Remix) 4-6-2021

7.  Pussy Is God (Killer Prince Remix) 4-4-2019

8.  Prophet (Dan Tempo Remix) 8-16-2019

9.  Talia (Cover by Girl In Red) 7-6-2018

10. 1950 (Elissa Suckdog "Dudes Try" Remix) 10-16-2019

11. 1950 (Frank Walker Remix) 5-15-2018

12. 1950 (GTSBY Remix) 4-21-2019

13. Back Of A Cab (Slowed & Deep Mix by Victor) 5-13-2020

14. 1950 (Nio Remix) 4-20-2019

15. 1950 (Seth G. Violin Remix) 6-8-2018

16. 1950 (Amy Lilley & Lapsley Cover) 11-24-2022

17. 1950 (Tyler Kahn Remix) 5-14-2022

BONUS LIVE UNRELEASED KING PRINCESS TRACKS

18. Cry, Cry, Cry (When You Hear This) (Live In Syracuse, New York, April 14th, 2023)

19. Julie's Watching (Live In Amsterdam, The Netherlands, April 7th, 2023)


Enjoy the very best of the Internet's KP remixes all in one place for the very first time in a fanmade capacity! This compilation is not intended to infringe any copyrights, and is made with respect and credit to all artists and creators wherever possible under the US 1976 Fair Use Act.

2024 @ChicaSkas on Discord

r/KingPrincess

www.kingprincessarchives.blogspot.com








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil and respectful.